Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Of Vampires, Saints and Mezcal


Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Nov 17th, 2008 -- You could feel like a bull in a china shop this weekend, as if every word you say or move you make comes across awkwardly. Well, Saggie, this is when keeping your sense of humor is vital. Just don't take yourself or any one's criticism too seriously if you want to have a good time.



Heh! Been there, done that. Oh, for a more tactful nature, but I yam what I yam. I'll remember to take things with a grain of salt. I found mezcal from Monte Alban, but it has a gusano in the bottle, too. A little agave worm, just hanging out, gives new meaning to 'good 'til the last drop'.

Of course, I could not stay out of Barnes & Noble. Found a great book 'This Saint's for You', which defines a patron saint for each and every one of us. For example, St. Amand (c. 584-676), Feast Day February 6, is the patron saint of bartenders, St. Elizabeth of Hungary (1207-1231), Feast Day November 17, is the patron saint of in-law problems and St. Quentin (d. 287), Feast Day October 31, is the patron saint of coughs.

Then I found a website dedicated to ancient Oaxacan churches and their santos. I actually have been to several churches and have seen some of these santos firsthand, so cool. As you may surmise, I am becoming a tiny bit obsessed with santos. It's not a bad thing.
I'm not spending as much time with my vampires as I intended. That could be a bad thing, a pissy vampire is no fun at all.
Ouch! Oh, just kidding. My vampires are quite busy with their own problems. I guess that's true for most of us, living or undead. It's always something.
Well, I'm going to have a word with St. Quentin (I can't help thinking Dark Shadows, but that's just how my mind wanders). This stinking head cold is annoying, and my coughing is annoying every one else. I'm sure the old boy will put a good word in for me.
Back to the vampires. My poor Ed thinks he is Edgar Allan Poe. Hmm, maybe, maybe not. To be continued...


Yes, it's a real book!

No comments: