Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Celebrating Loss


Now, we all know about the circle of life. I mean who hasn't watched The Lion King a hundred times. Oh, well if you hang around kids a certain age you have. In retrospect, that can be a tough movie for a child or an adult to watch. Simba loses his dad, Mufasa. I mean he dies! Hope that wasn't a spoiler for anyone. It is heart-wrenching, but it's an important part of the story. So it is with real life. Loss is an important part of that story, too.


Did you ever just sit and shout out a question to the universe? Sure you did. Me too. Yesterday after work I was sitting with a couple of friends and did just that. Then I let it go and just relaxed and hung out for a bit. When I arrived home I checked my e-mail. Lo and behold, there was a message. It held an answer I didn't expect. A real curve ball. Way out of my expectation, but an answer none the less. The solution to one situation lead to a complete change in my mindset. I'm still experiencing that free-fall sensation while coming to grips with a new version of reality. That really is what life is all about, though.


When I'm upset, confused, happy or sad I usually turn to music.


I found The Temptations singing I'm Losing You. When I watched their performance, which is amazing, it reminded me again that loss, though very painful at times, is necessary to create space for other things in life. So, with that in mind, I will try to celebrate loss as another beginning. Here they are!


Picture ~ Monte Alban

No comments: