Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Caresses and Cheese Steaks


Mene metsään
Mene vuorille
Mene kauas merelle
Anna yksinäisyyden hyväillä sinua
Kunnes ihosi on kyllin ohut
Niin ohut
Että sydämesi
Näkee sen läpi minut
Että minä se olin
Joka hyväilin,
Hyväilen sinua,
Mene, mene
Tommy Tabermann (1947- )

Go to the forest
Go to the mountains
Go to the far off sea
Let loneliness
Caress you
Until your skin is thin enough
So thin that your heart
Sees me though it
That I was the one
Who caressed you,
Who caresses you
Go, go.
(Tommy Tabermann)
English Translation: Börje Vähämäki

____________

This lovely poem was on Viggo Mortensen's Perceval Press' site today. Go Tommy!


My daughter and her boyfriend decided they were in the mood for a real Philly Cheese Steak, so off they drove into the sunset and then, into South Philadelphia. It's about five hours round trip.
Ah, the follies of youth...and oh, those yummy cheese steaks. You can get them with American cheese, provolone or Cheese Whiz. I'm a provolone type of girl, but they went for the classic Whiz, plus cheese fries. Burp! I had half my sandwich about midnight and the other half for lunch. I guess I better stick to salad for a few days. When's Thanksgiving? Oh well :) I haven't had an authentic cheese steak for about fifteen years, so what the heck. It was goooood!

Still working with the vampires. I even sketched a vampire Christmas card. Uh oh, is that over the top? Not too objective when it comes to nosferatu.

Thanks to Perceval Press and Christine & Pete...and Count Vlad
Empty Geno's wrapper

No comments: