Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time Time Time Is On My Side, Yes It Is






Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Sep 15th, 2008 -- On Friday night the Moon goes into entertaining Gemini and will illuminate your 7th House of Partnership throughout the weekend. Chatty people and easy communication make relating more relaxing. You can be open and interested without making promises that could cost you your freedom


That would be quite a hefty promise. What would cost me my freedom? I value my freedom. Of course, there is a price to pay for freedom. The freedom to live in this amazing country, with all its foibles and confounding opinions is very precious to me. Listening to the late, and so insightful, George Carlin as well as our campaigning politicians is a right I do not take for granted. My right to listen to all the issues, when they do get around to that, and make my personal choice is a right many have fought and died for each day. Their freedom to express their opinions is a right they exercise. The lying and falsehoods we leave to the ethics department.


A few weeks ago I noted it was Remember the Disappeared Day. It seems I haven't been able to just file that information. There is a soft whisper in my ear, which is getting a little louder every day. It's asking me what I am going to do about this. So many of them died just because they voiced an opinion deemed 'dangerous' to the ruling government. I'm trying to get my courage up to speak up for those who have disappeared. First, I need to contact the family of one of the victims in Argentina. My Spanish is not very good, but I will get some much needed help. The seed of an idea is germinating. I plan to use art to raise awareness, to keep their memories alive. Do you hear those wheels turning?

Rainer Maria Rilke:
Let no one say that I don’t love life, the eternal Presence: I pulsate in her; she bears me; she gives me the spaciousness of this day, the primeval workday for me to make use of, and over my existence flings , in her magnanimity, nights that have never been. Her strong hand is above me, and if she should hold me under, submerged in fate, I would have to learn how breathe down there. Even her most lightly entrusted mission fills me with songs of her; although I suspect that all she really wants is for me to be vibrant as she is. (Fragment of an Elegy, Appendix to Duino Elegies, translated by Stephen Mitchell)



http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3EaUb4zk0Ow




Thanks to Ann Marie Bennett of Kaleidosoul http://www.kaleidosoul.com/ for the link to the video above. It certainly resonates with me.

No comments: