Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Art, Music, Meatballs and The Moon


This Sunday is my day of rest. There may be five of these days per year. I really need this one. Today I want my brain to rest. Cooking is great therapy. Like any creative process, you go into the zone and your mind is occupied with preparation and presentation. Friday I began craving meatballs and spaghetti. It's been eons since I chopped onions, garlic, basil and parsley, mixed soft bread crumbs and Parmesano, shaped the seasoned meat into small spheres and patiently browned them. Then, gently added them to an old fashioned sauce that's been simmering, waiting for their rotund spiciness to permeate the tangy tomato flavor.



I haven't listened to the beautiful old tangos for a while. This lovely vals is so tender, the harmonies just take me away. That's a very good place for me to be today.



So, I'll listen to passionate music, create an old fashioned, comforting meal and some art that has wings. How I wish I could fly away for a while. I'll be in Oaxaca soon, but for now I'll let my mind wander and my taste buds enjoy those meatballs. A little red wine might just round out the meal.



A visit to the Cloisters is overdue. For me, it's the closest thing to time travel. I always feel peaceful and comfortable there. If I believed in past lives, I must have been happy in that era.



This era is fine with me, just a bit of white water to navigate lately. Too much smooth sailing can be boring, I'm told. That has never been my experience. That's life, if you're fortunate. I do count my blessings and they are many. It's just that some days I'd like to count them from afar.
















Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Sep 29th, 2008 -- The Moon is in your sign this weekend, and it might find you howling with delight. You're not usually the quiet type, Saggie, but even the meekest among you could be dancing on tables and making outrageous statements. But you can get away with just about anything as long as you maintain a playful attitude.



What a relief to know if I hold on for the next week I can be dancing on tables again. Not to mention that howling. I am feeling a bit playful right now after a little meatball and spaghetti dinner and of course, a lovely glass of Cabernet. Tomorrow brings the new moon. I just may be howling whether I see the moon or not. This is the week of the Moon Festival. It's celebrated with poetry, sweet moon cakes and wine. At least that's how I celebrate. Find a quiet place to sit and watch the heavens. Soon the moon will be a slender crescent. All the better to see the other celestial bodies. The poetry will be in those moments you appreciate the infinite beauty that surrounds you. Sweet cakes and wine are just the icing on the cake of life. Take a big bite and, if the spirit moves you, howl at that moon.



September moon hides

stars shine bright searching for her

she laughs with delight


Colliding Galaxies ~ NASA
Adoracion ~ todotango.com

No comments: