Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Long Time Alone



Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Aug 18th, 2008 -- You may have to slow down to have a good time this weekend. Try to appreciate life's small pleasures instead of rockin' and rollin' at high volume. It's especially important not to rush someone or push too hard because all you're likely to get back is resistance and resentment that can kill your chances for fun






General Weekly Love Horoscope
Passionate Mars entering sociable Libra facilitates harmony in ongoing relationships and makes it easier to start new ones. There's a natural graciousness, willingness to share, and capacity to compromise that's an invitation to open hearts and minds. Being kind is a more direct path to meeting someone than being bold this week.






OK, I can be kind. A Libran influence is a very good omen indeed. Natural graciousness, willingness to share, but that capacity to compromise is somewhat tricky for Sagittarians.



Yes, I am very capable of compromise, it just takes me a minute or two. Yes, I am likely to push too hard and ruffle sweet Libra's feathers, but I'm a good egg at heart. My intent is not to hurt your feelings. I know I can be blunt, so I'll keep my rock 'n' rollin' to a lower decibel level and I will slow down just a little. Libras are so worth the compromise.




Wonderful poem by Galway Kinnell, When One Has Lived A Long Time Alone, inspired a cool project~create some art for each of the eleven verses. Never one to start at the beginning of anything, I did a quick sketch for the last verse. More than likely I will jump around, but I truly love this poem so it will be an ongoing creation. Who knows, maybe some of that natural graciousness will rub off on me? See, I'm appreciating life's smaller pleasures already. Nothing like beautiful poetry to open your heart and mind.




restless


west wind swirls through town

bringing restless thoughts to mind

let's dance until dawn







Thanks to Perceval Press for inspiration

Very rough sketch for verse 11 ~ vt

haiku, yeah, can you tell :)

No comments: