Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fever


Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Sep 1st, 2008 -- Lay low on Friday night to save your energy for the fun to come. The Moon enters your sign on Saturday to bring you up to a fever pitch of feeling that can make for a memorable weekend. You may go too far in what you say and do, but that's much more your style than shutting up and playing it safe




Hoo boy! You'd think I'd tone it down by now, but what's a gal to do when she's up to a fever pitch of feeling. In fact, Fever, sung by Peggy Lee, is a great song. There seems to be a certain fever in the air. Strange phone calls abound. As I stumbled toward the coffee pot yesterday morning, my phone rang. Now, I am notoriously incoherent in the AM. My friends usually take that into consideration.


"Hello....are you all right?"


"Oh, I knew you'd be up, you get up early. My bathroom is full of bees!"


"Bees?" I warned you I was sharp in the early hours.


"They're in the wall. They made a hole. They're coming out!!!!"


"Well, you closed the door, right"


"Yes, you ninny, the door is closed. What's that noise? What are you doing?"


"Oh, that's my coffee brewing, it sputters."


"I'm waiting for the exterminator to return my call."


"Uh, OK, call me and let me know how it goes."


"I will, omg, I can hear them buzzing. I'm going downstairs."


As I poured the coffee down my throat I'm thinking that's a good plan, but I can't say much.


"Um, good. I'll talk to you soon. Good luck." Click.


The bee problem was successfully resolved. Mr. Exterminator reported a hive of seven thousand bees. Is that possible? He said he had quite a few bee 'situations' Saturday.


Could it be the new moon?


Next phone call was from my aunt.


"Your mother was supposed to meet me for lunch and she's not here. Ruthie said she dropped her off at the house an hour ago. Find her!"


Uh, no. My GPS does not cover that yet. Sorry.


Mom showed up right after the phone call with a pizza. Surprise!


Next five phone calls from frantic daughter having her own version of the Amityville Horror up in Cape Cod. She will survive, having learned a valuable life lesson and maybe write a screenplay.


I'm heading for the movies with the bee-lady. We're checking out Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Woody Allen's new flick. With that title I had to go. Besides, I like Woody Allen's movies.


I remember seeing Bananas and Take the Money and Run as a double feature. My side ached and my mascara ran down my cheeks. It's so good to laugh like that. I just heard this is Astroland's last season. Coney Island will be unrecognizable to me, but, then a lot of things are.


It must be the fever, maybe it's bee fever.




I know I have had this before, but really....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyV2cPLuFuA&feature=related



Addendum:
Bees, seven hundred, not thousand, whew!
Bee-lady bought Greek cowbells from elderly woman. "They sound so pretty." Yeah! I couldn't make this stuff up, really.
Text message during movie, daughter having coyote problem (could be worse, good material)
Movie, I am ready to fly to Barcelona manana. So close to home, loved it, still smiling. Ah, dysfuctional relationships; are there any other kind?
Fever in the morning, fever all through the night....thank you Peggy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxoAJ3Boyc


Helix nebula ~ spaceweather.com verrrry cool!

No comments: