Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cloth of Dreams



Timeless love is not about cherubs, harps and fluffy clouds. Each lover pays a price for a love that truly endures a lifetime. It is worth everything you pay. December 20 is the birthdate of Maude Gonne, the beloved of William Butler Yeats. Though they never married, she remained his muse for life. Oh yes, she was a true Sagittarian.



Aedh wishes for the Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W B Yeats



Pop over to Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor and listen to a love story.





http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2008/12/20




Thanks Artella!
Picture, the lovely Maude ~ Wikipedia

No comments: