Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Vampires and Moms


All right, let's skip the obvious. I am a mom, and yes, guilty sometimes, but not so much anymore. The letting go thing is very healthy for both of us. When those impulses to retro-mother kick in I can take a deep breath and just let her live her life. I mean, on those rare occasions she asks for advice I am there. Those moments of confidential conversation are
welcome and treasured. I know the time we have living together is very finite. That makes it all the more precious. I'll take the good, the bad and the ugly. Soon she'll be on her own again and it will be much more quiet here. For the time being I'm still in mom-mode, third phase and liking it. She was born on Mother's Day, the best gift I could ever receive, and she is celebrating her
twenty-first birthday. Life is good. We'll be visiting the other mom, mine, and three generations will celebrate being here. She's a lot like her grandma.


My vampires may need their own blog to spread their wings, so to speak.

I'm still working on the final chapters of the first book. It has been fantastic fun.
May. 12th, 2008 – Sunday, May. 18th, 2008
This Week's Love Horoscope
Sagittarius Love Horoscope (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
You could find yourself in the middle of someone else's personal mess this weekend. Helping a friend is a noble thing to do, Sagittarius, but it could get in the way of your own chance for a good time. If you're into making the sacrifice, that's fine, but don't give so much now that you will resent it later.
Well, that's just not right. I mean I finally get out of my personal mess and now I get in the middle of someone else's problemos? Noble or not, this time it's every man and/or woman for themself. I'll be the one having a good time. Now you just sort things out on your own.
I'll need some relaxation after my eye surgery Tuesday and I plan to get some. Oh yeah! If one more person asks me how many fingers I can see, I may ask them the same question.
Now I won't be able to use the excuse "Oh, I didn't see that" as often. Yay!!
Pic~my lovely daughter Christine one Halloween

No comments: