Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pirate's Convention


Woo hoo!! I can really see clearly now. Yesterday I had surgery to remove a cataract from my right eye. My vision was truly suffering quite a loss, but I didn't realize how much until I opened my eyes this morning, sat up, looked out the window and could actually see across the street.
Everything had seemed quite warm and fuzzy up to yesterday. Now I can use my little drills and saws without so much fear of digit damage. The computer screen seems much larger. The printed page is not gray anymore. I can stitch my erotic art quilt appropriately. Finally, I can edit my vampire pages, at last I can see them.
I will leave the procedure to your imagination. Suffice to say you are awake and when you hear an assistant say 'This won't reboot. I can't get it to work' it makes for an interesting few minutes.
All's well that ends well and this certainly did. My follow-up appointment was 8:45 this morning.
All the surgeries are done on Tuesday so all the follow-ups are Wednesday. You wear a patch over your eye to protect it from injury and infection. Because I have little vision in my left eye the doctor placed a clear plastic patch over my right eye and taped it in place. He said I could remove it in the morning before my visit, so I did. I entered the office wearing sunglasses and encountered half a room full of eye-patched people. It was all I could do to keep from shouting ?"Ahoy, maties! Have you seen Captain Jack?" Yes, I did exercise restraint.
When I arrived home my daughter said "Mom, you look like you were in a serious fight."
Not surprising when your hanging out with a room full of pirates. You should see the other guys!
Pic~Motley Pirates Rob & Chris, Fair Maid Jane

No comments: