Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Love and Politics


Monday, Apr. 28th, 2008 – Sunday, May. 4th, 2008
This Week's Love Horoscope
Sagittarius Love Horoscope (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
OK, Saggie, this is the weekend you've been waiting for. The moody Moon is in adventurous Aries and your 5th house of romance. You're ready to open your heart, dance on tables, show your feelings and do whatever it takes to have a good time. Overly sensitive individuals should probably stay away.


Hmm, that last line seems so harsh. Tactless? Blunt? Moi? Not always, I can be diplomatic, really. But that's just my Saggitarian nature, or is it? I've loved astrology, numerology, tarot--you get the picture--since I was a teen. Even before it was trendy, thanks to my Aunt Marie, who gave me a subscription to Astrology Today for my fourteenth birthday, I got into occult studies rather early. My great-grandmother, with her Irish brogue, would have me scrying before I was three. Growing up Roman Catholic, I was taught angels watched over me, the devil was out and about trying to steal my soul and demons could whisper tempting, naughty things in your ear.

Not surprisingly, I enjoy writing about vampires and Ice Maidens. They become real characters while I am writing their tales and I do enjoy their company. I tend to categorize certain people by their astrological signs when I can find no other explanation for certain behaviors on their part. I was wondering if this could help me with this Democratic spat they call a campaign.

Now, Barack Obama was born on August 4. That makes him a Leo. This is a fire sign. They love to be the center of attention. They like to take charge. They can speak before they realize the consequences.

Hilary Clinton was born on October 26 which makes her a Scorpio. They certainly are tenacious. This is a water sign, deep. They can be secretive. They are passionate.

Fire and water create steam. Steam? That explains the hot air.

We, the American public, can deal with some steam, but we need more substance. We need more focus on issues that affect our daily lives. What happened to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? Not much press on that. The economy--have you been grocery shopping today?

How about filling your gas tank? How much do you contribute to health care for your family? If the candidates discuss these topics we hear very little about it. This is partly due to media coverage and to the candidates steam production.

I am not looking to the stars to help me decide who the best candidate is. I have enough confidence in my judgement to make a choice without checking their astrological charts.

Well, maybe I'll take a little peek. After all, the more informed I am, the better equipped I am to make my decision.

'Til then I'll be dancing on the table having a wonderful time showing my feelings. Watch out!

No comments: