Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Not A Ghost Of A Chance


Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Aug 31st, 2009 -- You always strive to do your best to be sensitive when it comes to matters of the heart. But there are times like this weekend when it's hard not to trigger strong reactions in others. While it's wise to speak softly and act with self-restraint, it may be impossible to maintain the peace. Be nice and move on. It's not your fault if others can't take the heat.






So there! It's not my fault. Well, we all know where the blame game goes...nowhere good. Usually all parties have done their fair share of good and not so good. Besides, I need my energy for haunted houses. Today I did some exploring and some constructing. It's been a good day!




I'm working on a haunted house project. Altering things to make them spooky is right up my alley. I couldn't resist. As inspiration I took a walk to an old farmhouse that has a ghost or two in residence. I've been visiting that house for over twenty years and things are usually calm and quiet. One rainy day my daughter and I wandered to the farm for a classic car show. The raindrops and shiny cars were wonderful photo ops and I got some great pictures with my trusty Nikon SLR. Then we went into the farmhouse for a tour...and to get out of the rain. We may have been the only ones walking through at the time. When I went to take some pictures my camera's flash kept failing.


I adjusted the settings a bit and took a few more pictures. The lighting was low. It was getting late. We headed home. Next day I had the film developed. The cars and reflections were awesome. I was quite pleased. Then I came to the indoor shots. They were very subdued, having an almost old fashioned look. In each picture strange lights emanated from no visible source. I recognized that phenomena. There was some other energy in the farmhouse. This was particularly visible in the kitchen and the living room. Those are the two rooms my daughter and her friend told me they saw old fashioned ladies from time to time. Volunteers do don period dress on occasion, but these were not those occasions. Children are innocent. They see something, they tell you what they see.


I have always felt peaceful and at home at the farm and in the farmhouse. So have my daughter and her friends, who are all quite grown up now. It's no coincidence that my daughter brought her new daughter to the farm on Pow Wow night. Any spirits who may be at the farm seem most beneficent. They seem to be at peace. So on this late summer night as the crickets sing their song, I end my ghost story. Not scared? Well, that's the last thing our ladies would want!



Jingle dancers~no, they're not ghosts :)

No comments: