Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fussin' About Elvis


Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Aug 17th, 2009 -- Friday's fussy, but Saturday and Sunday can be your friends this weekend. Listen to the advice of a person you trust who is able to get you back in balance if you've lost your cool, fallen into despair or given up on a relationship. Healing may not happen over night, but having a more objective perspective will get you on the right track.




Heard on the news Elvis died thirty-two years ago today. The good news is the radio station I listen to is playing so much of his music. No, I'm not going there. The past usually repeats itself. Enough said. It was such a pleasure to listen to him. I've been a fan of his almost since I can remember. Part of the magic of music is it's ability to transport us back to a memory, kind of an aural time travel device. Right up my alley.




I've been writing about time lately. At some stages of life you have a sense of timelessness. As your personal time goes on you hear the clock ticking louder for one reason or another. This is a good thing. It reminds us to live. It's not necessary to do wild and crazy things. If you've been meaning to I would suggest getting a move on your next adventure. If you've been there, done that there is still the miracle of everyday living we all take for granted. What a foolish thing to do. What is more precious than everyday? Those are the things you will remember in more detail than some of the big occasions you think you will be celebrating. The mind is funny that way.




You may remember sitting having a cup of tea with someone dear. Maybe a spontaneous drive to the beach on a steamy summer morning. Everyone piling into a VW bus after making baloney sandwiches and Kool-Aid for the trip, laughing and horsing around all the way. How about watching a babe take his first steps? That expression of apprehension, then glee is amazing.


Catching fireflies on a summer evening and realizing how fragile and beautiful they are is a gift.


Snow forts and snowball fights were best at night. Chasing mosquitoes in the middle of the night (sorry Jane! I know I'm compulsive) until they were squashed was an obsession. Still is.




I haven't fallen into despair. Far from it, I feel invigorated and full of enthusiasm. Some great things are in the works. I'm also very blessed to have people I trust help me get back on my feet when I am off balance. It's good to hear the King and enjoy a few moments of nostalgia. Soon I'll be back to writing about vampires, parallel time and supernatural stuff. Maybe I can work Elvis into the storyline. If not I know his music will continue to inspire my memories and my imagination. Thank you. Thank you very much!




No comments: