Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life In The Fast Lane




Natalie Sky was scheduled to arrive mid-May. She had other plans. In the midst of much toil and labor she was born the night of May 2. Awesome is an understatement. It's a strange and magical feeling to be present at the birth of your grandchild. The joy and pain of life are mingled and then there is this tiny miracle. You see a new journey beginning for a sweet soul and can't help but wonder where it will take her.


Of course I had her natal horoscope charted and lo and behold. Her Sun Sign is Taurus, as is her mom's. Her moon sign is Leo, her dad is a Leo and her rising sign is Sagittarius. Guess who? We are the three family members present at her birth. Sure, coincidence, a lot of hooey, say what you will. It works for me.




Natalie's Prayer




I pray the universe will be open for her.


I pray she will have grand dreams to follow.


I pray she will be strong in her sense of self.


I pray she will know compassion and be compassionate.


I pray she will be safe and still have her share of adventures.


I pray she will know how much she is loved and how to share that love with others.




There are a gazillion other wishes I have for her. With any luck we'll have many years to share them. Life is good. Today it's fantastic!




Prayer from Grandma with looove xoxo


Pics~Miss Natalie about 15 minutes old & Natalie with me!

6 comments:

creativelenna said...

Congratulations, Vickie! How awesome. And thank you for your most appreciated note on my creative swaps blog. You are the best!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wish we were there to see her and hold her and love her. Give her big hugs and kisses from the Florida Trancho's.

Teri Calia said...

YAY!!! Congrats on the birth of such a special little person! xo, your favorite customer service goddess

Jita K said...

OMG!!! She is beautiful!!! Congratulations. I am so excited for you guys! thank you for sharing. Luv Jita

Penny said...

Congratulations, Vickie! Your granddaughter is beautiful :)

Vickie said...

Thanks to all of my friends & goddesses for the love and blessings sent to the newest member of our family!
xoxo
V