Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Poets & Poetry...


Just a little addendum regarding poets and poetry...

Every day I count my blessings, and there are many. Some days I get my head wrapped around something and it is difficult for me to let it go. This may be a song, a conversation or an anxiety-provoking thought. As the day progresses many things occur to reinforce the anxiety level, which comes quite naturally to me. It is 99% in my mind. Intellectually, I get that, but it doesn't always prevent the domino effect of 'what if...'

Fortunately for me, a poem can take me to a safe place. Words soothe, they have my mind travel a different road. There may be a smile or a tear or both on the way. It is another blessing I count, as is the poet, who helps me put things in perspective...not an easy task sometimes.
Amen ;)



painting~addendum to 1985ish work

No comments: