Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Got The Fever...Spring Fever


Elliot and Monet were running wild today. At least they thought they were. They were tearing around the house, chasing one another, knocking things over, being crazy cats. It seems I was not much better. Only three hours sleep and I was feeling a little wired myself. It's either spring fever or we are possessed by the road runner. Meep! It is the first day of spring, the vernal equinox.

I find when the seasons change it is rarely a smooth transition. People and animals get a bit jumpy. That's certainly true for me. Last year was a turbulent one for our family. Lots of changes and rearranges and readjusting; then things finally settled into a routine. Life calmed down for a while. As we meander the road we call life, there are detours sometimes. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, the bridge is down up ahead and that detour will save you some serious damage. Going with the flow has never been my strong point, but I have learned it does work.

So many people I know and love are going through rough times right now. Their roads have lots of potholes and need some major repair, but that is the path they travel. Most are making the best of it. Some are not doing well. They've fallen and are having a hell of a time getting up no matter how many helping hands are offered. They don't even see the hands. They are focused on that mess of a road, but it's only a means to an end. Yeah, I know you know it's all about the journey, but it is! I don't know why this stuff happens to people. I don't have my Zen on today. Some tell me I think too much. Is that possible? I mean, it just happens, right?

No matter how twisted, bumpy, holey or messed up that road is, I'm on it. Not only am I on it, I will give you a hand whenever or wherever you need it. I may be shrinking...sigh...but I still have my strength. My strength isn't my muscular measure. My strength is my spirit. I mean, if you want me to carry you I will give it my best shot, but get real. If you let me, I will lift you up and walk with you on that meandering road to who knows where. You never know who you will meet along the way, but I know in my heart of hearts it will not be a dull journey. That's a promise. It's the first day of spring and I am on fire.

pic~first day of spring from my kitchen window

No comments: