Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absinthe or Present




Vickie, Your horoscopes for Monday, April 20, 2009
General Weekly Love Horoscope
This is a great time for lovers as astrology's romantic leads, Venus and Mars, join together this week. The heat will continue to rise as both planets enter fiery Aries and stay close to each other for almost two months. Sensual delights are offered by the weekend's Taurus New Moon, a reminder that making your love life a priority will reward you with pleasure.




Sage advice indeed...making your love life a priority. There's nothing more precious than love. Few people realize what a gift it is when they are in the moment. Just let that moment disappear and there you are, bereft. Be certain to appreciate all the love you have, family, friends, lover and the universal love that ties it all together. I try to remind myself every day.




Lately, I've become a bit forgetful. This does happen to me in the springtime. Some call it Spring Fever. It's a kind of day distant state of mind, not unpleasant, but slightly distracting. The spring cleaning offensive is part of the syndrome. Diving into the clutter that is my art studio/guest-baby room is most therapeutic. There is lots of stuff there--metal, canvas, fabric, ribbons, buttons and ephemera. Shiny things appeal to me. My stash of sequins from old flapper dresses, rhinestones, beads of every description and glitter. Yes, sparkling glitter in rainbow colors (and lots of black, of course) in all forms from glass shards (not child friendly) to fine, pale glow-in-the dark white reside in my little studio. I found minute Mexican wrestlers with masks and capes, teeny tiny almost microscopic people and many plastic animals and amphibians.


Numerous tin nichos await their new residents. There is even fabric from old kimonos and silk saris. Securing these treasures away from tiny hands will be a feat of wonder, but I've done it before when Christine was a babe. Grand babies are so cool. The room is a bit Gothic, but I can cover my Gorey prints and snake-haired portraits easily enough when necessary. Never did I think I would have pink in my white, gray and black decor. It does give a softer tone to the room.


Moving the absinthe fountain to my bedroom seems a prudent idea. Pink fairies are so much more apropos than green ones for a little girl. Pink curtains are out, though. Maybe a dreamy mauve. It's just that I do write some of the vampire tales in that room and I'm not sure they would be comfortable with pink curtains. There's always room for compromise, even among the undead. Now, about the swords...


Grimm cover~AlphaStamps xoxo

No comments: