Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Full Moon




Listening to Te Quiero and sipping scotch, I hear crickets still chirping although it's October in New York. Over the beautiful strains of music I also hear the train whistle of the Long Island Rail Road. That melancholy sound is only audible in my apartment under certain meteorological conditions. It must be a clear night. It must be a full moon, or just about full. My windows are open to let the night air circulate. In days gone by, the night air was a threat, a thing to be avoided. Night air is perfume to me. Tonight it is cool and slightly disturbing. The haunting sound of the LIRR whistle moaning in the night brings to mind someone who left this plane ten years ago. Memories are funny things. They twist reality and dreams into a braid that becomes a truth. In fact, I don't value the truth of my memories, just the memories themselves. They become a balm to some old wounds that are slow to heal.



That restlessness overcomes me often, I know it well. My little corner is busy tonight with ambulances, fire trucks and loud voices. Most times it's just part of the background noise, but tonight I hear each individual sound. When my nerves feel frazzled my senses seem more acute, not the best arrangement, but it is what it is. The full moon is tomorrow. It's going to be a beauty, I can feel it in my bones.




shining moon smiles

train train runs along its track

shadows follow me




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWjmznpCA0

Vickie's Personal Card:
The High Priestess
This Deck: Cosmic
General Meaning: Traditionally called the High Priestess, this major arcana, or trump, card represents human wisdom. She can be viewed as a kind of female Pope, the ancient Egyptian Priestess of Isis, the even older snake and bird Goddesses, the Greek Goddess Persephone, or the Eve of Genesis before the Fall. For the accused heretics who were burnt at the stake for revering her in the 14th and 15th century, she symbolized the prophecy of the return of the Holy Spirit, which was perceived as the female aspect of the Holy Trinity. In the sequence of cards in the major arcana, the High Priestess appears as soon as the Fool decides he wants to develop his innate powers, making a move toward becoming a Magus. The High Priestess is his first teacher, representing the Inner Life and the method for contacting it, as well as the contemplative study of Nature and the Holy Mysteries

Hmm, just found out my coworker may be starting an early maternity leave as of today.
Her baby is due the end of February. Prayers for her and the baby. No wonder I've been
feeling wonky. For now I'll be doubling up my schedule...help may be on the way. It will all work out the way it's supposed to eventually. It's the full moon, the Hunter Moon, working its' mojo. Oh yeah! All aboard...



Reading ~ Tarot.com ~ Cosmic Tarot Deck
Mystery Train ~ Elvis Presley

No comments: