Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Restraint Is A Good Thing?


Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Jun 22nd, 2009 -- Your easygoing attitude might not go over so well on Friday night. There's some picky people around you who may not appreciate your outrageous sense of humor. Have fun, of course, but a little self-restraint will probably cast you in a better light. Look for a friend to help you make a new connection or provide a dose of common sense to cool you off.*



Yes, those picky people do have attitude. Well, that's all right. After all, I do find many things amusing, even picky people. Perhaps I should hang with the Capricorns I know. They usually display a good deal of common sense. The trouble is I'm not feeling very restrained. In fact I could say I'm downright rambunctious at the moment.



I have a lot on my plate right now. It's mostly good stuff so I'm very psyched and feeling good. As per usual my problem is focus, but I'm getting better at setting priorities. My book is almost complete. I do love my vampires so it's difficult to end their story. The solution is a second and third book. Yay! There are other things I'd like to write about like Ice Maidens and androids (not the same story :) but for now I'll stay with the undead.



Dia de los Muertos in Oaxaca should be wonderful. Mr. deMeng is teaching some doll making in the deMengian tradition. I'm thinking creepy funky and very cool. Bee Woman makes jewelry and I do multi-media stuff so doll making is a new venue. It's great to work out of your comfort zone, though I must say things are very comfortable in Oaxaca. I dream of having a studio there where I could work outside in a garden setting. You never know...



Right now I'm working on some paper dolls for an AlphaStamps exchange. Next, some Ancestor ATCs for a Red Lead exchange. Then, oh happy day, charms for a Floral/Leaf exchange at AlphaStamps. I love making charms and Leslie over at http://www.alphastamps.com/ has amazing metal, shell and sparkly things for them as well as a treasure chest of other goodies.

I've made a few sketches for a Tarot deck, but that's on the back burner until the book is published and I'm holding a copy in my hand. It will be my reward for turning the vampires loose on society. Please, not all of them are pure evil...just a few. Maybe a whole bunch, but is that so different from our 'real' world? Not so much.



Yes, I do write too. It's good to keep those creative juices flowing. Just to keep myself in check and maintain an easy going but inoffensive attitude I resorted to shoe therapy today. Found a very shiny red slingback and a bronze metallic closed toe sandal. This may mean nothing to you, but to a Sister of Imelda it is a very good thing. Now I will give away two pair to charity. Otherwise I would probably need a shoe room which would be deliciously decadent, but not in keeping with my new 'keep it simple' lifestyle. At the moment it is still a work in progress. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hope you all are enjoying the Summer Solstice. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!


*Thanks http://www.tarot.com/
Chipboard doll of Leslie from AlphaStamps

No comments: