Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Dark Eyes Have It


Many strange things have been happening around here lately. Most are due to the natural pattern of life changes which occur as time passes. This always brings out the nesting urge in me. You know, clear out, clean up and rearrange. My art supplies have been literally piling up in my bedroom. Actually, it was becoming quite alarming. The potential for an ephemeral avalanche was real and eminent.

One change is my daughter and her boyfriend and their furry and reptilian entourage moving to their own place down the road a piece. This leaves room for a small studio. While rearranging the mountains of stuff (avalanche prevention) I found one of my favorite tarot decks hiding among ribbons, lace and leather barbed wire. It's The Gothic Tarot Deck illustrated by Joseph Vargo. It's dark and beautiful and perfect for a reading long overdue.

A while back I found an original Dark Shadows LP on e-bay, which replaced a family heirloom gifted to a true devotee. My sweet Christine and Pete gave me a new turn table combo for my birthday. What better background music for a Gothic tarot reading? It was a real treat.

Letting go of the past and looking forward to the future are part of daily living. Enjoying right now is becoming more satisfying all the time. I hear Barnabas in the background....

"I hear your call. I feel your yearning. I am with you."

Right back at cha, my fang man.



Peek at the Gothic Tarot deck. Just scroll down a bit :)

Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Jan 5th, 2009 -- Your larger-than-life personality, sense of humor and blunt honesty could overpower your partner or a potential love interest this weekend. Be true to yourself, but tone it down a little to avoid offending a super sensitive individual. Being tender is an excellent way to attract the passion you want now.

Yes, the curse of blunt honesty. That's why I don't play poker. What you see is what you get, but I can tone it down...a little.

Just came in from my mom's last choir performance after over forty years with the same group.
Growing up, I just knew she always sang with these people. They are my other dysfunctional family and I love them dearly. She received a beautiful plaque and a lovely bouquet. What was also evident is the bond of love and affection that binds them.

We sang on Sundays and holy days, the choir in the choir loft and the rest of us downstairs. I was choir mom when my daughter sang in the children's chorus. I spent many a Sunday upstairs. Like any group of creative people, there is a music shorthand communication. After so many years together just a look, a nod, a nuance of expression will suffice.

My daughter leaned toward me, "Lisa's not happy. Those kids are gonna hear it later." Ah, memories, but she was right. That expression on our choir director's face struck fear and dread into the hearts of choir members young or old. To the untrained eye, she seemed slightly distracted. To those in the know, the wrath was yet to come. She maintained high standards for all. That was one of the things my mom admired. That and a steady stream of the latest church lady gossip. Juicy.

Everyone told me how much they will miss having Mom in the choir. They remember the time she designed the costumes for the Three Kings for one Epiphany concert. They looked like Yul Brynner from The King and I, with hair. She's an artist, what did they expect?

She'll be upstate with my brother, listening to Il Divo and the cd her choir recorded a couple of years ago. I may even go to a concert at the church. It won't be quite as theatrical but, baby, it was a fabulous run.








Tarot ~ Isis Books xoxo

No comments: