Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fear Factor


Sagittarius Horoscopes

(Nov 22 - Dec 21)Next Week

For the Week of Jan 18th, 2010 -- The slow pace you encounter in others might be a little frustrating this weekend. When you're ready to play or connect with someone you don't like to waste your time. Yet being patient is key to earning the trust required to get closer to an attractive individual. Playing it cool at first is your best chance to finally generating the heat that your heart desires.

Gawd!! I know patience is a virtue I need to cultivate. I am trying. Last night I saw The Lovely Bones with Helen. It is the kind of movie that might get you thinking about relationships in your life. We stopped at the Skyline Diner on the way home for coffee and conversation. Naturally, the conversation gravitated to relationships. The usual head scratching about the Mars/Venus thing led to more questions. At this stage of my life I thought I would have a better handle on this, but evidently, it's one of life's mysteries...at least for me. Helen smiled when I said I thought that some men were afraid of me.

"Yeah, they're afraid, very afraid. You are about as subtle as a bulldozer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cLmbCyzhE

This is true. It's that no patience thing. Most of the time, when someone is giving me information or telling me something on the job I'll ask them to cut to the chase. If I need any explanation or elaboration I'll ask. Just the facts, ma'am...or sir. It carries over to the home front and is the source of much anxiety, it seems.

You'd think I would learn from past experience. Old habits die hard. Yes, I do know a sign of insanity is expecting a different result from the same behavior...I'm working on the sanity. It puzzled me...why the fear factor?

"Most people do not jump into situations head first. You can really hurt yourself if you do. Think about it. Has this worked for you in the past?"

Helen's eyes grew wide as she stared into mine. We simultaneously burst into hysterical laughter. The obvious answer...not really.

I will never be the laid back, level headed woman who just goes about her business, waiting patiently for the universe to reveal it's answer. I will take two giant steps back, try to keep out of trouble and have more faith in the natural order of things. Well, that's what I want to do. I'm still a work in progress.

To the men I have frightened or disturbed in any way, I offer a sincere apology and some advice. Be patient with me. Once you get to know me, I'm not as terrifying as I seem to be. Well, ok, maybe I am, but you'll get used to it. Give it time.



horoscope~tarot.com


No comments: