Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Full Moon & Roses


Spent time collecting rose petals in the garden today. I'll be trying my hand at making beads from the petals. Seems pretty straightforward...pick petals, dice 'em up, heat with some water, heat again next day, heat again next day and voila! Rose paste for forming beads. Let you know how that works :) It was a lovely day to be outdoors. Sunny, warm and breezy...about 80' It's supposed to rain again for the rest of the week, but the weekends have been beautiful.


I remember a vampire flick titled Blood and Roses. It was a contemporary tale about vampires returning after the war with the usual blood sucking, but there was a scene in a greenhouse with roses and thorns and finger pricks and fangs, anyway, it was very creepy to the teenage me. Despite that emotional trauma I still love roses and vampires.


I'm joining Horror Writer's of America, an organization that speaks for itself. They are a most supportive group and are very generous and encouraging to newbie me. My vampires are feeling most welcome. They may be the lightweights in this group of characters. Hoping they'll be seeing the light of day, so to speak, soon.


There's a Ken doll that's just aching to transform into a vampire, one of the scary flying ones from my book. I have a few ideas involving bats, wings and watch parts. Of course, I do have a Barbie that giggles and I'd love to turn her into a vampire just for spite but I'm not sure how that will work.


The full moon usually has it's way with me. I do get a little loony sometimes. That can work in my favor creatively. It is really ok to be a tad crazy once in a blue moon. Everyone is.


Sagittarius Horoscopes
(Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Next Week
For the Week of Jun 8th, 2009 -- Sticking to a schedule might not be your strong point and could be especially difficult this weekend. Plans shift unexpectedly, promises are forgotten and facts are fuzzy. Pleasure arrives when you're spontaneous, so give yourself permission now to change your mind and adjust your course of action whenever you feel like it.


Yes, like I don't anyway. Well, the planets seem to be aligned for fuzziness so I may as well go with it.


Vampires aren't the only beings with sharp teeth. Ouch!

No comments: