Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Viggo, Sigh...

The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you
not knowing how blind that was
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere;
they're in each other all along.

~Rumi~

My celebrity crush on Viggo Mortensen is well known among my friends, family and some acquaintances. If you peruse this blog you will see numerous references to him. Te Quiero is my ring tone. When things get tense in the old workplace, I take the picture of Viggo my coworker saved for me from Gentleman's Vogue and glance at it, meditating for the moment.


I enjoy his films, have a couple of his books, have used his poetry in my art and, compulsive person I am, visit his blog at Perceval Press almost every day.


Sometimes you can't really explain why you find someone attractive. Yes, I think he's quite handsome and very sexy. I do admire a man (or woman) of principle and, indeed, he speaks his mind quite eloquently, for example:




"Bush, Cheney, Hadley et al self-righteously warn the incoming administration to continue steering safely down the right side of the road in the very same burned out, motorless, rusting hulk they left buried in the ditch, wheels and mirrors gone, the sad remains of a vehicle now barely salvageable as scrap... "


vm




Not only does he write poetry, but the poems he chooses for his site are thought-provoking




Walkers with the Dawn




Being walkers with the dawn and morning,


Walkers with the sun and morning,


We are not afraid of night,


Nor days of gloom,


Nor darkness--


Being walkers with the sun and morning.




—Langston Hughes




He's also an artist, photographer, musician and publisher.


I've never met the man, but he seems to be the real deal. He's someone I admire. However, this is the time for new beginnings. I consulted the Tarot for guidance and this card appeared.


It is sage advice. In fact, it is very cool. So, Viggo, I will keep that magazine pic for mental health reasons. Thanks for the inspiration and aspiration. You have been very, very good for me. Oh, and I'm keeping my ring tone...



Blocks & Inhibitions: Two of Cups
Main (positional) meaning
Your feelings for another may exist to attune you to your own longings and needs.The card in the Blocks position points to self-undermining tendencies, areas where you could be in denial, where you could get stuck -- unless you examine yourself and make some corrections. When the Two of Cups is in this position, the relationship doesn't have to go anywhere for you to benefit. Even if it just allows you to work it through your imagination, your artistic life, or your dreams, it's a good thing. Take a dispassionate view of the object of your affection. Regard this person as a symbol of your unfulfilled desires. Sometimes a person comes into your life not so you can possess them, but to stimulate exquisite feelings that better acquaint you with your heart's desires. Just let the very awareness of love be like a tuning fork for your soul. These are healing feelings. Unrequited love is not a horrible thing. In fact, its effect can enrich other current and new relationships in your life. Don't cheapen such feelings or compromise your dignity by trying to possess an unavailable or unworthy person who evoked these emotions. You are bigger than that. Let go of the romantic fantasy; your feelings may be here only to bring you closer to your true desires.


Sigh...one of my fave Viggo pics
Oaxaca weather: 76' hazy

No comments: